Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Training complete



My training is complete.  The lady I’m taking over from thought me everything there is to know, and as from tomorrow it’s up to me to get the job done.  Oh dear, let’s hope the company survives it.

I listened to advice until my ears were ringing; peered at the computer screen until I was cross eyed; and I probably have more notes than Tolstoy did when writing “War and Peace”.

I think I’ll be okay though.  I’ve had some hands on training and it doesn’t seem all that complicated.  It was like a switch was turned on today and suddenly everything started making sense. 
Of course, the boss wasn’t there these past three days.  Once she comes back from her out of town trip everything could change.  Who knows what she all going to ask me to do!
Remember the current EA gave me her phone number and email address for when I have a problem?  Poor thing, I might flood her inbox messages and call her while she’s in the shower.

I’m tired though.  Imagine, it’s only 10:30 and I can hardly keep my eyes open.  This from someone who used to sit up until 3:00 a.m.  Of course, I didn’t get up at 5:45 in those days.

So we’re gonna keep this entry short and sweet.  My bed is calling and I’m replying with “I’m coming”.

1 comment:

  1. Is the week almost over already? Goodness. Well, you will do fine. I know the nervousness all too well whenever something new happens. Every time I take on a writing project I panic wondering if I can handle it.

    ReplyDelete